Our History

Treharris is situated 4 miles north of Pontypridd and 8 miles from the town of Merthyr Tydfil.
It gained its name from The town was formed around Harris's Deep Navigation Colliery, which begun coal mining excavations in 1878, after sinking started in 1872. The colliery and village were named after F. W. Harris and his Harris Navigation Steam Coal Company. 

Treharris Main pitch is actually the site of the old pit pond.

Treharris Phoenix is born out of the ashes following the disbanding of the Treharris seniors, the mini and juniors were formed by parents who wanted to see their children play rugby. From there the Club has flourished. 

From there seniors and youth teams were formed and then in the last season the number of seniors has increased to enable a seconds to be formed.

The Club has a fabulous Community focus and has been the centre focus for many issues, some not so nice but still bringing the community tegether for the greater good.

Pip has taken over the bar & kitchen and is doing well with providing food for the community.